TL;DR PageFX compiler is really interesting because it is compiler
Here is my top reasons:
- Compilers are complicated things and so it is interesting for learning
- It has a lot of IL code generation (only getting native strings support were not easy to do)
- It has direct instruction-level translation between byte code formats
- It incrementally compiles only classes and methods called from program entry point
- It has smart linker that resolves dependency graph and emits only required resources extracted and transcoded (deserialized and serialized) from SWF files
- It has experimental CIL interpretter written in C#
So please go ahead and learn PageFX reading its codebase.
If someone interested to get more details about PageFX project please email me. I can write a series of blog posts perhaps someone may find it interesting.
P.S. Anyone wanted to compile PageFX with latest C# compiler? Please send pull request :)